Mobile Marketing for Small Business resources – thanks to Drake LaDue – Mobile Marketing – with Drake LaDue CEO of Brand X Mobile also can be reached at by texting: drake to 59769 and Martin Brossman NCSmallBusinessTraining.com
- Mobilution.io – Mobile Page Building tool. They offer $2 a month page with unlimited QR generation.
- ScanLife.com– Mobile Page Building services as well as a great analytical platform.
- goo.gl – URL shortner which provides a QR code for the URL that was generated.
A few things to keep in mind while designing a Mobile Ready website:
Look it up on a smart phone then ask:
– Do you see broken images or missing content?
– Can you read the text without zooming or scrolling side to side?
– Can links and buttons be clicked with a thumb?
– Is the shopping cart at the top of the page?
– Is your location and phone number visible?
Tools for Developing a Responsive Site:
Plug-in to make your WordPress site Mobile Friendly:
- WP Mobile Detector – Great starting point for free!!!
- WPtouch (free and WPtouch Pro is $49) – Some challenges with free version on some themes – paid version used on this site.
- WordPress Mobile Pack;
WordPress Responsive Themes:
You can find many in themeforest under WordPress Themes but make sure they say they are responsive.
Example of a Responsive Theme for selling products:
Top Mobile apps for business owners to become familiar with. Some to help their business and others to learn more about what their customers are using:
- QR Reader and/or Google Goggles (on iPhone under Google Search app)
- Google +
- Google Drive / Dropbox
- Square / Paypal / Intuit GoPayment Card Reader
About Google Googles: http://www.google.com/mobile/goggles/#text
Some click-to-call providers:
– Average rate is 12 cents/min. or $50/mo. basic
Video on Google Now:
With Google: http://www.google.com/ads/mobile/