MicroMasters in Digital Marketing SBX 7493 – Certificate Program!
Spring 2014 – Taught by Martin Brossman
New media and rapidly changing technologies have revolutionized how we connect customers to products and services. From tablets to smart TV’s, consumers have more access to information than ever. How do you as a marketer or small business owner cut through the clutter and reach your target audience? What content will attract customers and help you stay relevant? Where do you start and how you measure the return? Gain a deeper understanding of digital communications tools. Learn techniques and measures to become more effective in planning and managing digital marketing strategies. Learn how to expand and evaluate your media channels and networks to stay ahead of the competition.
For Start-up and Existing Businesses
47.5 hours of total training – Certificate will be received upon completion of the class.
Time (approx.) 6 – 8:30 p.m. 1/22 to 4/16 and the in-person class on 5/7 5PM to 9PM. for the capstone project presentation (see below for exact times on each date).
For registration call: 704-330-4223
NOTE: First ten registered participants will receive a webcam. The course modules are virtual (online), excluding part of the final module, which will be conducted in person on 5/7/2014 from 5 to 9PM
Upon successful completion of this class, the student will:
- understand digital marketing and how to successfully use it.
- understand definitions, tools and marketing issues to generate bottom-line results.
- be able to design and implement a successful client or business strategy (time, budget, tasks, analysis, etc.).
- understand search engines and the tools and techniques to increase search engine ranking and overall web presence.
- understand the pros and cons of building or buying a website.
- understand the benefits of mobile marketing integration.
- identify the types of mobile users and their devices.
- determine the pros and cons of converting a website for mobile phone access.
- understand the proper, effective use of SMS campaigns.
- identify current smart phone applications and determine winners for given marketing objectives.
- recognize the value of videos to enhance your marketing plan.
- use tools and create polished, informative videos to increase visibility.
- how to effectively embed video.
- understand the benefits of online advertising and the use of adwords.
- understand the basics of pay-per-click (PPC) advertising and analytics.
- create an effective low-cost online advertising campaign.
- identify the latest social media marketing tools and online directories.
- learn about the new role of the traditional website in the age of new media.
- effectively evaluate social web content.
- learn which features and tools help maximize your social media presence.
- Digital marketing synopsis
- Grow your business by optimized content and engagement for Google’s new Semantic Search Algorithm – Hummingbird ( including relevant Search Engine Marketing – SEO)
- Mobile and video marketing
- Web Analytics and ROI: Understanding what works
- Social Media Marketing
Digital Marketing Strategy: Integrating it all (capstone project)
Method of Instruction
- Class Participation
- Exam: Yes
- Demonstration of Skills: Yes
- Class participation: Yes
- Survey: Yes
Online live stream meeting exact dates/times
# Day of Week Date Start Time End Time Hours/Day
1 Wednesday 1/22/2014 6:30pm 8:00pm 1.5
2 Wednesday 1/29/2014 6:00pm 8:30pm 2.5
3 Wednesday 2/05/2014 6:00pm 8:30pm 2.5
4 Wednesday 2/19/2014 6:30pm 8:30pm 2.0
5 Wednesday 2/26/2014 6:30pm 8:30pm 2.0
6 Wednesday 3/05/2014 6:00pm 8:30pm 2.5
7 Wednesday 3/12/2014 6:00pm 8:30pm 2.5
8 Wednesday 3/26/2014 6:30pm 8:30pm 2.0
9 Wednesday 4/02/2014 6:30pm 8:30pm 2.0
10 Wednesday 4/09/2014 6:30pm 8:30pm 2.0
11 Wednesday 4/16/2014 6:30pm 8:30pm 2.0
From 4/16/2014- 5/6/2014 is time allowed for students to complete their capstone project for presentation on 5/7/2014.
In Person Central Campus Hall Bldg Room 215 (Presentation of Projects and Certificates)
12 Wednesday 5/7/2014 5:00pm 9:00pm 4.00
About the instructor Martin Brossman
Martin Brossman is a leading authority on social media and online marketing. He is a business coach, consultant and a dynamic trainer known for his insight and humor. A member of the National Speakers Bureau, Martin is a popular speaker on social media topics. He teaches at North Carolina community college Small Business Centers throughout the state. Martin offers customized coaching and training solutions for individuals and groups integrating social media, social networking and reputation management strategies. An advocate for professional transparency, Martin is a catalyst for achieving powerful business results with integrity. An overview is featured on his website, ProNetworkingOnline.com.
His recent books, Linking Into Sales and Social Media for Business, provide guidance and resources for accelerating professional networking and marketing; both are available at Amazon.com.
Martin’s clients have included: IBM, SAS, GlaxoSmithKline, EPA, Women’s power networking, North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants, Professional Photographers Association of NC, Small Business Centers, Chambers of Commerce, Counties and Towns across NC…. to name a few.
Active Member of ASTD—American Association for Trainers and Developers, NSA—National Speakers Association
Recognition: 2007 Ron Hering Mission of Service Award, 2009 Ethel N. Fortner Writer and Community Award from St. Andrews Presbyterian College, RTP volunteer of the year 2001 by the Governor of NC & IBM Mean’s Service award, completed, Fonder of the KI Coaching: Coaching Certification Program, Founding member of UPSA of RTP, Certified & Registered Sales Professional (CRSP), Certified & Registered Sales Professional Trainer (CRSP-T)
- Facebook Business page: http://facebook.com/martinwbrossman ……. 3003 Likes – BrossmanOnFB.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/martinbrossman ……. 3,547 Followers – BrossmanOnTW.com
- LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/martinbrossman …… 3,420 1st Degree, 1,410,600 2nd & 14,210,200 3rd – BrossmanOnLI.com
- Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+MartinBrossman/posts ……. 1204 circled – 1,296 in my circles – BrossmanOnGP.com
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/martinbrossman/videos —130 subscribers and 33,180 videos viewed – BrossmanonYT.com
- Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/martinbrossman/ … 552 Followers Pinterest business: http://Pinterst/martinwbrossman/
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/martinbrossman
- Foursquare: https://foursquare.com/martinbrossman
- Podcast: LinkingIntoSales.com on iTunes and Stitcher with over 300 active listener QR Code by Drake LaDue – brand-x-mobile.com
For registration in this training call: 704-330-4223