eBay for Small Business Owner resources
compiled by Martin Brossman and Paul Apollonia
Steps in setting up and selling on eBay:
1) Create a ebay account.
- Go to https://reg.ebay.com/reg/PartialReg?rv4=1
- Click on the “Register” link. …
- Enter your contact information on the next screen. …
- Receive your pre-selected user ID. …
- Start using eBay!
2) Creating a Seller ebay Account.
Go to http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/account-setup to be guided through the process.
- Select Sell at the top of the screen.
- In the drop down menu select ‘Sell It Myself’
- You’ll be guided through step by step instructions to create your listing. If you switch to the advanced tool, enter the details about your item.
3) Signing up for PayPal
Go to https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ963 to be guided through the process.
- Go to the PayPal website and click Sign Up at the top of the page.
- Select the type of account you would like to open, “Personal” or “Business.”
- Select your country.
- Enter your email address and choose a password.
- Click Continue.
- Fill out the form and enter the CAPTCHA.
- Confirm that you’ve read the PayPal User Agreement and click Agree and Create Account.
4) To link your PayPal and eBay accounts:
Go to http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/link-paypal.html to be guided through the process.
- Click My eBay at the top of most eBay pages.
- Click the Account tab.
- Click the “PayPal Account” link on the left side of the page.
- Click the Link My PayPal Account button.
- You’ll be asked to log into PayPal to finish linking your accounts.
- Martin Brossman’s Podcast show on eBay
- eBay’s own free education
- salecalc.com , rolbecalc.com ,www.fees.ebay.com/feeweb/feecalculator Calculator cost for eBay, Etsy or amazon
- Getting Free Boxes: Freecycle.org – Signup, and send a post asking for bubble arp and boxes
- Internet Radio & Podcasts EBayRadio.com
- ( ASK JANELLE SHOW ) – GOOGLE SEARCH
- SHIPPING SUPPLIES: BUBLEFAST.COM – Use PROMO Code given in class
- Paul’s EBAY STORE:
- The postal code that was mentioned in the class is: 95125
Other eCommerce Resources:
- Send and receive money on eBay: www.PayPal.com
- Another auction site: www.ebid.net
- For artists to sell their products: Etsy.com
- Snip tools, explained in class: justsnipe.com
- ebooks: LuLu.com & createspace.com
Join the Google+ community: